Keep Prince William Beautiful is a nonprofit environmental organization that serves Prince William County through partnering with residents, businesses and government to educate and inspire people to be environmental stewards and keep Prince William beautiful.
This position is best for an individual who is comfortable speaking in front of groups; able to handle multiple projects at a time; organized; self-sufficient; both a team-player and independent worker; knowledgeable of intermediate computer operations; skilled in both oral and written communication; understands the importance of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the community.
This intern will work directly with the Executive Director.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with the recruitment of Board members from a fresh, diverse audience.
- Develop, prepare and distribute Board and Committee agendas and meeting packets
- Assembling & maintaining Board and Committee manuals, forms, binders, etc.
- Serve as liaison the Executive Director, KPWB Board of Directors, and its subcommittees as needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain & update welcome package as needed for new Board members and Board packets.
- Maintain Sponsorship and Membership Programs
- Pursuing community awareness opportunities regarding the Membership Program, Sponsorship Program, and Board vacancies.
- Maintaining and promoting Board members in social media and on website.
- Creating printable and electronic materials.
- Increase and maintain visible relationships with local organizations, schools, county and state agencies, and local businesses
- Providing additional program support and action as needed to fulfill KPWB’s mission and program requirements.
- Present at booth events and expos as necessary
- All KPWB staff, office volunteers, interns and fellows assist with basic office operations on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to answering phones, ensuring a clean working environment, hosting clients, and assisting with paperwork.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Publisher, Adobe & Wordpress experience a plus. College students encouraged to apply.
All KPWB interns will receive membership into the Prince William County Chamber of Commerce while working with KPWB, allowing for additional training and networking opportunities. Mileage from services beyond driving to and from work is available.
Internship - UNPAID
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to the below email address. Internships are a minimum of 3 months. School credit is available. Individuals that do not need credit but are interested in the experience are also welcome to apply! Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by start of internship. Feel free to contact us with questions and to find out more about these great opportunities!
Aliya Faille, Office Manager
Phone: (571) 285-3772
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 Month Minimum
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required. Publisher, Adobe & Wordpress experience a plus.