Make a real difference in someone's life!
Great Lakes Caring Hospice, a leading care provider in the Midwest, is looking for compassionate student volunteers willing to donate their time to provide exceptional end-of-life care to local hospice patients and their families. As a student volunteer, we offer an Advanced Hospice Volunteer Certification to those who obtain 40 or more hours of volunteer time within our organization. However, it is not required that our student volunteers commit to the certification program when volunteering for us.
Volunteers are trained for the area in which they choose to serve and are under the direction of the hospice staff member responsible for the volunteer program.
There are two major areas in which to volunteer with different job titles within those areas.
1. Administrative/Non-Patient Care Volunteeris a person who wants to volunteer but desires no direct patient contact. They provide administrative assistance in the hospice office. Opportunities include: Public Relations, Marketing, Human Resources, Graphic Design, and Healthcare Administrative. Volunteer opportunities can often be tailored to meet the desired educational experience and classroom requirements.
2. Patient Care Volunteeris a person who wants to volunteer directly with patients, whether it is in the patient's own home, primary care giver's home, assisted living home, nursing home or other long term care facilities. Student Volunteers are needed to visit with patients and engage them in activities such as, playing music or singing, working on a craft project or sharing a special talent, or simply providing companionship through listening, talking, or holding a hand. Volunteers can provide respite care, allowing family members to take a much-needed break.
*Student volunteers should be able to put in at least 4 hours a month volunteering, must have a work visa (a student visa is not enough) if international, and be at least 17 years old.
For more information, contact Sonya at 765.432.5728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospice Care
- Program Management
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs per month
- TB testing for any volunteers working with patients. More information at www.greatlakescaring.com
- Music and Singing
- Monthly Newsletter
- Student Volunteer
- "A Tea to Remember"
- Friendly Visits
- Hospice Volunteer
- Life Stories Hospice Volunteer
- "By Your Side" Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy for Hospice Patients
- Vigil Hospice Volunteer
- Veteran Recognition
- Companion Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant