Help Empower and Educate Young Boys Through Health Education Class!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5353 West Alabama, Suite 615 (for training)6700 Mt. Carmel Dr. (location of school)Houston, TX 77056
Job Description: During 10-week program, volunteer will be trained in, and implement, the fall sessions of What About Me?, a course that helps adolescent boys ages 13-15 deal with important health and self-esteem issues, including setting goals, body image, healthy relationships, health and nutrition.
Adolescent's Health Education Program
With a focus on building resiliency and prevention, this health education program teaches young students the life skills that are essential to establishing good personal health habits and developing into strong, healthy adults.
- Participate in training, planning and implementation of adolescent’s health education program.
- Teach the What About Me curriculum in a program for high school students ages 13-15. Each class meets once a month for 60 minutes.
Supervision and Resources Supervision will be both informal and formal including:
- Weekly pre-class check in with Program Coordinator
- Monthly in-class observance after which What About Me Coordinator will offer feedback or tips
- WAM Coordinator will provide guidance and offer any assistance needed as well as supplies, etc.
- Resources such as guidance counselors or school social workers are generally available if the need arises
- Curriculum training for What About Me Hours 10-week volunteer program, two-hour pre-program training. Classes meet once a month for about one hour.
- Youth Activities Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 90 mintues per week for 10 weeks
- Preferred young adult males or older males to facilitate