Property Ambassador - Francis William Bird Park
17 people are interested
Combine your love of the outdoors with service by meeting and greeting visitors at Bird Park. This volunteer position requires sharing information about the property, collecting information from visitors, and allows the Ambassador to learn and teach others about this historic landmark.
- Interact with visitors, answer questions about the property, trails and activities
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Promote the Trustees’ mission and provide membership information
- Assist with special programs on an occasional basis
- Assist with light property clean-up, if needed
- Log volunteer hours
- Have reliable transportation to the property
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Desire to meet with the public, share knowledge of the property and the Trustees
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Flexible and independent
- Familiarity with Francis William Bird Park [preferred, but not required]
- Knowledge of the ecology and geology of the area [preferred, but not required]
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces: grass, pavement, uneven surfaces
- Ability to pick up lightweight objects from ground level
- Minimum age: 16 years old
Time Commitment Needed
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to work at least two, two-hour shifts each month.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
Francis William Bird ParkPolley LaneWalpole, MA 02032
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 2 two hour shifts per month