Combine your love of the outdoors with service by meeting and greeting visitors at Bird Park. This volunteer position requires sharing information about the property, collecting information from visitors, and allows the Ambassador to learn and teach others about this historic landmark.
- Interact with visitors, answer questions about the property, trails and activities
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Promote the Trustees’ mission and provide membership information
- Assist with special programs on an occasional basis
- Assist with light property clean-up, if needed
- Have reliable transportation to the property
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Desire to meet with the public, share knowledge of the property and the Trustees
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear for varying weather conditions
- Flexible and independent
- Familiarity with Francis William Bird Park [preferred, but not required]
- Knowledge of the ecology and geology of the area [preferred, but not required]
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces: grass, pavement, uneven surfaces
- Ability to pick up lightweight objects from ground level
- Minimum age: 16 years old
Time Commitment Needed
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to work at least two, two-hour shifts each month.
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2 two hour shifts per month
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Gardening Volunteer - Powisset...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Communications Outreach...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Adopt a Stone Wall - Weir River...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute