Distribution Center - Sorter/Packer
46 people are interested
Volunteer with Medical Teams International
Help us prepare our medical and health product donations for shipment to more than 100 countries!
By volunteering in the Distribution Center you are directly helping refugees, women & children, and other vulnerable populations by assisting in the provision of life-saving medical supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Boxing and inventorying product
* Pre-sorting medical supplies
* Building and shrink-wrapping pallets
* Completing computer work related to pallets
* Loading shipping containers with product
* Janitorial, including sweeping and mopping floors
* Assist in other areas within the warehouse as needed
Tools and Equipment Used:
* Hand truck/Pallet Jack
* Tape gun
* Shrink wrap machine
* Box Cutter
Desired Minimum Qualifications/Physical Demands:
* Basic awareness of warehouse safety
* Must be mobile
* Able to lift 30 lbs
* Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
* 4-8 hours per week. Flexible days & shifts available between 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
*We currently have a greater need for volunteers in the afternoons, and ask - of all volunteers - to be able to commit to at least one day a week. If this doesn't fit your availability we would still love to see you apply and we can explore other options for you to fulfill your desire to serve!
* Please visit: https://www.medicalteams.org/volunteer/us-opportunities/
We'll work with your schedule.
14150 SW Milton Ct.Tigard, OR 97224
- Basic Computer Skills
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per week. Minimum one day a week.
- Ability to stand, lift, and do random tasks. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.