Program: The JFS Social & Wellness Centers provide a warm environment with social, educational, and recreational programs for older adults. Community members enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position: As a Musical Entertainer, volunteers will perform at one or more of the centers for one hour. Examples of desired entertainment: singing, musical instrument, band, dance group, magic, comedy, or other performance.
- An opportunity to share and perform engaging musical, dance or singing talents
- Bring joy and entertainment to an active, older adult community
- Performance must be approximately 60 minutes
- Engage with and perform for groups ranging from 30 to 100 older adults
- Must possess excellent performance skills and experience performing in front of audiences
- Ability to build good rapport with the audience
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete a phone screening with the Volunteer Engagement Department
- Must provide a PA system (if necessary).
Time Commitment: Presentations generally take place Monday through Fridays, occasionally Sundays between 11am and 2pm. **Note that performers are generally booked abot 4-8 weeks in advance.
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once - 45-60 min during center hours Mon-Fri
- Apply soon, spots are limited!
- Musical Entertainers Needed!
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Experience Career and Employment...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Help...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give a Ride and a Smile: Older...
- Community Presenter Wanted!...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Nutrition Server: Help Serve...
- Camp Pendleton & Murphy Canyon:...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Home Not Alone: Help an Older...
- Nonprofit Reception Support...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant