A Free Bird
A Free Bird Programs department consists of three programs: Dream Big, Take Flight, and Fly Free, all of which engage our participants with the arts. As a Programs Volunteer, you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between our affiliates, such as hospitals and arts organizations, and our program participants.
Within this department, there are different opportunities, from credit based internships to experienced professional roles. If selected for an interview, we will assess and confirm the position level based on your experience and qualifications upon conclusion of the process.
- Research and initiate contact, as well as maintain working professional relationships, with schools, hospitals, and children programs
- Monitor the status of key programming initiatives, pushing forward said projects
- Connect children with established artists in their respective disciplines, providing them with timely resources and documentation
- Establish relationships with hospitals, children’s programs, schools, and tutors in order to further our mission
- Work with Communication Department to drive strategy and engagement
- Report on key performance program usage
- 1-2+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector and arts education is desired
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiar with online marketing automation platforms, such as Mailchimp or Sendinblue
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.