Paddle Board Outing Leader
20 people are interested
Love the outdoors? Love travelers? Lead a paddleboard outing for hostel guests! HI Austin has guests from around the world and we want to show them a warm Texas welcome. The paddleboard dock is right in our backyard. Volunteers will lead a group of guests to the island that is nearby and back to the dock. Experience paddle boarding is preferred. Volunteers paddle board for free.
Starting in May 2018, we host this event for guests every Thursday starting at 4:00 pm. Paddle boarding is provided for free to volunteers and guests.
Please commit to at least one paddleboard outing per month.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
2200 S Lakeshore BlvdAustin, TX 78741
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours
- Minimum 1 outing per month, experience paddle boarding