Volunteers for Veterans
New Volunteer Opportunity/Need for Veterans.
PC "Veteran to Veteran" is a volunteer program that provides our Veterans, our hospice patients, the presence, support, and quality friendship unique to "Veteran to Veteran".
Volunteers focus on compassionate listening and grateful acknowledgement of our patients and friendships are built on shared life experiences and mutual respect of a life of service.
How Can You Serve?
1. Visiting with veterans and loved ones in their own home or in a health care setting
2. Providing caregiver & family support
3. Providing pet therapy, sharing movies, books, and activities & hobbies of interest to our Veteran patients
4. Assisting with minor home and yard work
5. Remembering and visiting our patients on special patriotic holidays and events
6. Leading and participating in one to one and group "Recognition & Pinning Ceremonies" for Veterans
7. Capture and record patients’ life stories through the use of pictures, letters, and videos
Please message us for details on PC "Veteran 2 Veteran" Volunteering.
About Providence Care
202 Wall Street, Piedmont, SC 29673, US
Providence Care is your local, community based health care system. We are owned and operated in the areas we serve. We live and work with our friends and neighbors in whom we assist and are supported by local donors, volunteers, churches, businesses and, civic groups. Our focus is and has always been on our communities right here in South Carolina. We care for our neighbors because we live in these communities -- the people we help are truly our friends, our neighbors, members of our churches. It is our mission to EMPOWER the patient and family and help take control of themselves in the areas of healing that is available. As the area’s leading innovation health care provider, we offer the very best compassionate and alternative care for those facing a life changing health event. At Providence Care, we’re committed to the exceptional delivery of compassionate, patient-focused care.
Hospice,House Calls, and Pallative Care