This volunteering opportunity is available at a variety of locations throughout Anne Arundel County, and works around your schedule.
Music Therapy Volunteers
Hospice of the Chesapeake is in need of Music Therapy Volunteers to provide care and comfort to our patients who are living with and affected by advanced illness. Live music provides beneficial effects for our valued patients. Licensed music therapists or those who are musically inclined are encouraged to apply.
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support provided by our amazing volunteers, our community, and philanthropic operations.
What Does a Music Therapy Volunteer Do?
For many of our patients, the best care incorporates mind-body therapies into the overall treatment plan. To meet that need, Hospice of the Chesapeake offers a range of holistic options including music therapy, Reiki, massage therapy, and pet therapy.
It’s important for hospice patients to have their environment humanized, and your skills can provide profound relief of physical and emotional discomfort for patients and/or their caregivers. Many patients find live music to be a pleasant, uplifting, and unexpected bright spot in their day, and many volunteers feel the same!
Our music therapy volunteers are very special people. Not only are they very gifted, but their hearts are in this and they come to give of themselves.
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Anne Arundel County. Music therapy volunteers often perform in one of our facilities, but they can also visit patients at home and perform there based on personal preference.
We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, and work around your schedule.
Benefits of Volunteering for HoC:
- We work around your schedule
- Build your music repertoire and practice instruments in a real-life setting
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for a number of Healing Arts certifications
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We work with your schedule.
- Application, interview, training.
- Receptionist and Administrative...
- Cherish Sessions-Tell a Story,...
- Lend a Listening Ear - Become a...
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- The Greatest Gift (Anne Arundel...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Therapy Dogs Needed (Anne...
- A Comforting Touch
- Veteran Volunteers Needed for...
- Massage Therapists Needed (Anne...
- Healing Arts - Assistant
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Pasadena,MD
- Music Therapy Volunteers Needed...
- Heal Another, Touch a Life-Anne...
- Compassionate Couriers-Anne...
- Threshold Choir: Songs of...
- Garden for Good, Help Our...