Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center
The Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center is looking for interns to provide general assistance in the outreach, intake, verification, and processing of applications for fuel and weatherization clients.
- Assist in providing outreach to eligible clients through mail and telephone correspondence, including responding to client inquiries regarding program and services offered.
- Assist clients with filling out applications for services.
- Assist in maintaining and updating applicant files.
- Assist in contacting clients whose applications need additional information.
- Assist in logging in all winter heating emergency calls, and directing calls to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Assist in client intake, data entry, certification notice and other appropriate administrative duties as appropriate.
- Assist in providing information to clients seeking utility payment management programs.
- Other related duties as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in general office work required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to sensitively and effectively communicate with individuals of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills helpful.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10-15 hours per week
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Intake Assistant Intern.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship. However, work-study eligibility will be considered.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Housing Intern/Volunteer
- Community Planning Interns
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Family Engagement Coordinators
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Elder Services Interns
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Case Managers - Jamaica Plain
- Arts and Crafts Instructor
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Career Explorations Tutor
- Graphic Design Intern
- Administrative Assistants --...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- WorkSmart Tutor
- Events Intern
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...