Youth Services Department
The Youth Services Department is looking for tutors to provide academic assistance to BPS students participating in the WorkSMART program, a job placement program that helps youth stay in school. Volunteers can choose to tutor at Allston/Brighton NOC, Dorchester NSC, Roxbury/North Dorchester NOC, or Mattapan FSC.
- Provide small group or one-on-one assistance with homework to youth in the program
- Develop positive relationships with students and practice instructional skills
Skills & Qualifications:
We want creative, flexible, and dedicated individuals that will act as mentors to our students. College experience a must. Experience tutoring high school students preferred.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Tutoring takes place Monday through Thursdayfrom 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Volunteers can choose a day to come in once/twice a week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: WorkSMART Tutor.
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Housing Intern/Volunteer
- Front Door Membership Card...
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Family Engagement Coordinators
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Changing Tracks Initiative Tutor
- Changing Tracks Initiative...
- Food Dollars Trainers
- Elder Services Interns
- Homeless Point-In-Time Census
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Case Managers - Jamaica Plain
- Arts and Crafts Instructor
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Administrative Assistants --...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...