Roxbury/North Dorchester Neighborhood Opportunity Center
The Roxbury/North Dorchester Neighborhood Opportunity Center provides emergency, general and educational programs and services which seek to assist individuals and families to thrive. Currently, we are looking for dedicated interns with a background in Human Services or Social Work who are interested in learning and demonstrating their ability to work with seniors in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Perform eligibility screening through client intake process
- Assemble client files and complete data entry for services rendered through online client tracking program
- Facilitate Senior Brown Bag Program, a food distribution program
- Support Senior Recreation Group by finding workshops, activities, and resources benefitting the group
- Perform outreach to the senior population in the Roxbury/North Dorchester neighborhoods
- Support the development of senior-specific programming
- Serve as a liaison for seniors in the community
Skills & Qualifications:
- Students in a Human Services, Social Work, or related program
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document and complete assigned tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 5pm for 16 hours a week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Senior Programs Intern.
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Youth Academy Tutor
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...
- Purchasing Intern