Roxbury/North Dorchester Neighborhood Opportunity Center
The Roxbury/North Dorchester Neighborhood Opportunity Center provides emergency, general and educational programs and services which seek to assist individuals and families to thrive. Currently, we are looking for dedicated interns with a background in Human Services or Social Work who are interested in learning and demonstrating their ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment. Interns will learn how to use the intake as an assessment tool, complete follow- up calls, and document daily events.
- Perform eligibility screening through client intake process
- Meet with clients one-on-one to provide intensive case management through the following services: food pantry, holiday assistance, fuel assistance, access to SNAP, referrals to other ABCD programs/services, and referral to external programs/services
- Assemble client files and complete data entry for services rendered through online client tracking program
- Support staff/site with administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to answering phones, filing, front desk coverage, data entry, etc.
- Participate in outreach events in an effort to share resources with the community
Skills & Qualifications:
- Students in a Human Services, Social Work, or related program
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document and complete assigned tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Flexible between Monday and Friday from 9am to 5pm for 15 or more hours a week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Family Service Intern.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Youth Academy Tutor
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...
- Purchasing Intern