The Gala "Go-Getters" Committee works closely with the Distinguished Events team on the fundraising efforts of our distinguished fundraising events, the Be The Match Gala & Bash. The purpose of these events is to raise funds for Be The Match and its life-saving mission.
Acting as an ambassador of Be The Match in the local community by:
- Suggesting ideas for and asking for auction items
- Suggesting ideas for and making introductions for potential gala sponsors
- Recruiting other volunteer committee members
- Attending or volunteering at the gala, ideally
- 4-6 months leading up to the Gala
- Averaging 10 hours per month, varying by committee member
- Attending monthly meetings, in-person or via phone
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to attend most meetings as scheduled
- Strong community relationships, preferably
- Strong business knowledge, preferably
- Expand your personal and professional networks
- Gain wider awareness of local community and businesses
- Gain experience supporting a large non-profit event fundraiser
Be The Match Gala & Bash on September 21, 2018
The National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and Be The Match (BTM) is the global leader in providing marrow, PBSC, and umbilical cord blood transplants to patients with leukemia, lymphoma and other diseases. The nonprofit organization matches patients with donors, educates health care professionals, supports patients and their families, and conducts research so more lives can be saved.
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Strategic Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month committment (April through September)
- Be The Match Walk+Run Chicago
- Be The Match Gala Committee
- New York Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Special Event Sponsorship Intern
- Charlotte Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Case Management Service Intern
- Biorepository Service Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Service...
- Special Event Auction Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Program...
- Education and Outreach Service...
- Patient Services Programs Intern
- Long Beach Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Be The Match Walk+Run Minneapolis