Needed: Beauticians, Stylists, Hairdressers, Manicurists, etc. (Prince George's County, MD)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where9500 Arena Dr.Suite 250Largo, MD 20774
This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations in Prince George's County and works around your schedule.Beautician/Hairdresser/Manicurist Volunteers
You know how good a trip to the salon makes you feel. Our patients miss that feeling.
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
Will I Provide My Own Supplies?
Hospice of the Chesapeake gladly provides kits for the volunteers that contain shampoo, conditioner, and other basic items.
If you do choose to use any of your own items, you can claim them on your tax return and receive a deduction. In order to receive the deduction, you only need to keep a written record of the supplies you used. You can also be reimbursed for travel expenses to and from appointments for HoC patients. Please note, supplies and travel expenses must be volunteering related to qualify for the deduction.
What Kind of Volunteering Would I Do?
Hairdressers, beauticians, barbers, cosmetologists, and manicusrists can all give something back by volunteering their time and skills to terminally ill patients. A haircut and/or a shampoo can do so much to boost the spirit of someone who is bedbound or chair bound.
Many of our patients want to pay for haircuts and other services, but due to their life limiting illness are unable to go out and get them. For this reason, Hospice of the Chesapeake does allow volunteers to accept up to $25 for basic services, and up to $50 for premium services.
If you are licensed and want to bring a smile to a homebound patient, we have the opportunity for you.
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Prince George's county. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- We work around your schedule!
- Free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for certain Healing Arts certifications
- Available Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with your Schedule!
- Application, paperwork, interview
- Receptionists and Administrative...
- Compassionate Couriers
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- The Greatest Gift
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Laurel, MD
- Help a Child Who Has Lost a...
- Therapy Dogs Needed-Prince...
- Songs of Healing-Join our...
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Patient Care Volunteer-Bowie, MD
- Massage Therapist (Prince...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Clinton, MD
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Bowie, MD
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- A Comforting Touch
- Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
- Patient Care Volunteer-Laurel, MD
- Bereavement Callers Needed...