This year's event is being held at the Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney.
The Course Line Judges will provide staff support to the North Texas Motorcycle Challenge planning committee, ensuring that the course is monitored while competitors ride the defined path of travel. The Course Line Judges will be responsible for close observation of the riders on the course, noting exceptions such as cone touches, a cone down, if the rider goes out of pattern or anything else that could affect the outcome of the run.
The Course Line Judge will report observations to the head judge, in real time. In the instance where a rider tips a cone or goes out of pattern, the line judge will replace the cones AFTER reporting incident to head judge and BEFORE the next rider starts. Line judges will be standing for much of the day, but are encouraged to bring a chair for breaks between runs.
Should disputes occur, the Lead Course Judge may consult Course Line Judges for additional information before the next competitor begins riding the course.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interact with other Course Line Judges and the Lead Course Judge to document the riders penalties; collaboration required during disputes
- Show appropriate sense of accuracy and urgency when monitoring the assigned pattern in the course
- The Course Line Judge must attend a 15 minute training session at the beginning of the shift and commit to a full shift for the event (Sept 30 and October 1).
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Teamwork || Interacts with people effectively and willing to share and receive information.
- Motivation || Displays energy and enthusiasm
- Reliability || Takes responsibility for performance and commitments
- Adaptability || Able to effectively deal with changes and priorities
- Communication || Expresses ideas effectively and listens
- Register for a full shift
- Shifts are 5 hours in duration 7 am - Noon and 12:30 - 5:30 each day of the event
- Communicate with Volunteer Coordinator via email and or phone in the weeks leading up to the event to confirm commitment
- Attend 15 minute Course Line Judge training session in person at the beginning of each shift
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 5 hours: 07:00 - 12:00 or 12:30 - 17:30