This position is availavle for the fall 2016, spring 2017 or for the full 2016-2017 academic year. The Arc's GetSet for Work intern participates as a member of the team in the implementation of programmatic activities and advocacy that will positively impact people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position provides administrative, logistical, programmatic and/or evaluative support to a variety of areas such as, but not limited to, Get Set for Work, individual advocacy and outreach. Specific duties include:
Assisting students in school transition programs with career exploration opportunities
Assisting students in completing mock interviews, resumes and other work related materials
Supporting students in learning and developing retail oriented skills at Value Village Richfield
Assisting students with understanding the connection between what they are learning in school, Value Village Richfield and future career opportunities
Assisting with administrative and programmatic needs including data entry, developing forms, power point development/refinement, assistance with presentations, communication/marketing pieces, etc.
Identifing items to be posted on The Arc’s Facebook page and other social media modalities
Cross-collaborating with New Media Intern and/or supervisor to update social media platforms
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Rack 'em Up in Brooklyn Center!
- Rack 'em Up in Bloomington!
- Childcare Volunteers Needed -...
- Make a difference in the Spanish...
- Rack 'em Up in St. Paul!
- Childcare Volunteer Minneapolis...
- Child Care Volunteers
- Volunteer with ¡Adelante! -...
- GetSet for Work! Intern
- Rack 'em Up in New Hope!
- Family Fun Event – Sat. Feb 11th!
- Gala Galore & More!
- Make a Difference Day – Sat. Feb...
- Help a child, help a community!
- Rack 'em Up in Richfield!
- Child care volunteers needed!...