If you are interested in above opportunity or any other opportunities, submit an online application the url is :
The HR Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Director performs some or all of the following:
● Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
● Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
● Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization's activities
● Foster effective team-work between the Board and the Director and between the Director and volunteers.
● In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization
● Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
● Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
Human resources planning and management
● Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
● Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff
● Ensure that all volunteers receive an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided
● Implement a performance management process for all volunteers which includes monitoring the performance of volunteers on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
● Coach and mentor volunteers as appropriate to improve performance
● Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
● 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
● Specialized training in organizational planning, organization development, employee relations and training and development.
● Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
● Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
● Minimum 6 months with CLASS
Knowledge, skills and abilities
● Broad knowledge and experience in organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
● Above average oral and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
● Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources team members.
● Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
● Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
● Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
● Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
● Excellent organizational skills.
The Director should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
● Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
● Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
● Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
● Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
● Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
● Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
● Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
● Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
● Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
● Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
● Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
● Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
Must be willing to commit 1+ year
Meetings: 2 in person and 2 conference calls
Time: Minimum 5 hours [ excluding meeting time ]
- Leadership development opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Satisfactory volunteering experience
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Training and Development Lead
- Director - Marketing Team
- Web Designers
- Senior Associates - Talent...
- HR Manager - Application...
- Associate Director - Talent...
- HR Director
- Business Development Senior...
- Director - HR Team
- Business Development Senior...
- Manager - Graphic Designing
- Learning Management System (LMS)...
- Business Development Team Lead
- Business Consulting Service...
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Curriculum Developer
- Product Management Specialist
- Practice Development Competency...
- Project Management...