Children of the Nations is seeking people who will devote their time to becoming Resource Specialists. A Volunteer Resource Specialist is a person who specializes in creatively sourcing for a specific category of country-requested items. This person will use their experience and knowledge in certain areas -- e.g. medical, education, hospitality, spiritual, etc. -- to find donations or the best deals on needed items requested by our countries, as well as to build business partnerships. There are different focus areas within sourcing. This position is for someone who is willing to have a general focus and source for a variety of needs.
Training will be provided and specialists will be sent monthly ministry updates from Resource Development, as well as given editorial resources to be used for applying for donations or partnerships.
NOTE: This position is flexible in regards to whether a person serves on-site at the nearest COTN office or off-site.
Regular online sourcing for needs on the over-all needs list
Search for opportunities to contact businesses online and in person to donate strategic resource supply needs
Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
Basic computer skills
Passion for equipping children with needed supplies
Able to work individually and in a team
- Customer Service
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- TEACH Secondary School in Africa!
- TEACH Reading in Africa!
- Grant Researcher and Database...
- Researcher for Spanish...
- TEACH Junior Secondary School in...
- TEACH Reading in Sierra Leone!
- Newspaper Researcher/Contact...
- Volunteer in MALAWI, Africa:...
- Processing Help Needed ASAP -...
- General Resource Specialist
- TEACH Summer School in Africa!
- Are you always looking for a...
- Donation Coordinator