Home-Visit Volunteer to help Families and Babies in Hampshire and Hampden Counties
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Many families face isolation - both physical and emotional - after the arrival of a baby. People say "It Takes a Village" to raise a family, but sometimes that Village is hard to fine. Families in rural communities may feel even more alone, which is why our Home Visit Program is so important. Any family in one of our 29 "Hilltowns" with a baby under the age of one year is eligible for a Home Visit Volunteer.
Home Visit Volunteers support families by:
- Visiting the family for two hours, once a week, for up to 12 weeks
- Helping with household tasks like dishes, laundry, and meal prep
- Holding the baby so the parent can take a break (or a nap!)
- Playing with older children who need a little extra attention
- Accompanying the parents to appointments or errands and help with the child(ren)
- Providing companionship and a friendly face
- Helping parents access other local resources (with the help of It Takes a Village staff)
Home Visit Volunteers are members of the community -- you do NOT have to have a background in childcare or social work to be a great volunteer. We ask that volunteers are flexible, caring, communicate well, and have a passion for supporting families. We also ask that volunteers have access to reliable transportation and are over 18.
Ready to get started?
If you want to get involved with It Takes a Village and make a difference for a family today, please fill out an application at our website:
Our Home Visit Program manager will contact you to set up an interview.
You can learn more about It Takes a Village and all our other programs at www.hilltownvillage.org. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HilltownVillage!
"The Home-Visit Program was a game changer for me and my family. No, really. It was. Things were in chaos and on a downward trajectory. Having our volunteer with us each week is helping everything to fall into place. My only regret is that I waited so long. Thank you."
We'll work with your schedule.
Family's HomesHilltowns, MA 01050
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours per week for 12 weeks
- Access to reliable transportation; dependability; good with children