Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It Takes a Village is a nonprofit organization offering free postpartum support to families with infants and young children living in Western Massachusetts. Our mission is to increase practical and emotional support and decrease social isolation, all while engaging the community to understand their responsibility in welcoming the newest members of their Village. On the road through parenthood, the Village is here for you.
They say "It Takes a Village" to raise a family, but what does that Village look like?
All families deserve support from their community. That is why we provide practical and emotional support including:
- Weekly home visits for families with infants
- Postpartum Resource Kits
- Parent Support Groups and classes
- The 'Village Closet’ - a donation and distribution center full of free maternity, infant, and children's clothing and gear
- Lending Library of a variety of books on parenting topics
- Referrals to local organizations and agencies
To date we have supported over 1200 families and distributed over $150,000 worth of baby clothing and gear. Our services are available to ALL families for free, regardless of income or circumstance.
Learn more at http://www.hilltownvillage.org