Home-Visit Volunteer to help Families and Babies
Home-Visit Volunteers. Home-visits are the heart of what we do. Volunteers are matched with a family for weekly, two-hour visits for up to 12 weeks during the first year of a baby’s (or babies’) life. Volunteers provide companionship, play with older children, prepare meals, wash dishes, and help in other ways that an extended family member or neighbor might. Volunteers of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to join us.
- This position requires flexibility, good communication skills, access to reliable transportation to and from the Hilltowns, and our volunteer should be comfortable with babies and young children.
- Time commitment: 2 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- To apply, please fill out an application (http://www.hilltownvillage.org/volunteers-2/)
Our Home-Visit Program Director will contact you to set up an interview. We will also invite you do attend Volunteer Orientation where you'll learn more about how to be a great volunteer.
Towns we serve:
Savoy, Windsor, Hinsdale, Peru, Washington, Becket, Otis, Rowe, Heath, Colraine, Charlemont, Buckland, Shelburne, Hawley, Ashfield, Conway, Plainfield, Cummington, Goshen, Worthington, Chesterfield, Williamsburg, Middlefield, Hunterinton, Westhampton, Chester, Blandford, Russell, Montgomery
We’d love to hear from you if you have time and energy to give. If you have any questions, please email Mollie, our Volunteer Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours per week for 12 weeks
- Access to reliable transportation; dependability; good with children