It Takes a Village maintains the "Village Closet", a donation and distribution site full of donated baby and kids' clothes, maternity clothing, and baby gear. All items are free to anyone in the Western Mass community.
We receive so many donations that we have trouble sorting them and putting them away fast enough to get out the door again. We need help!
We are looking for a few volunteers to help organize donations during our open hours.
Currently we are open:
- Every Tuesday from 11am-2pm
- and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 11am-2pm.
Tasks will include:
- Sorting bags and boxes of donated clothing by size, and putting them away in bins.
- Organizing items like books, toys, diapers, bottle or baby food.
- Helping families bring items to their cars.
Volunteers need to:
- be organized
- communicate well with others
- work independently
- have access to reliable transportation to get to and from the storage site.
Groups of students or volunteer clubs are welcome to contact us.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per month
- organization, communication skills, ability to work independently, reliable transportation