Have Fun Running a Cafe Cart and Interacting with Students and Older Adults!Opportunity:
Work with a multi-generational team of teens, college students, young adults, and senior adults who will grow and develop the Café program into your own!
Come share your knowledge and experience with high school and college students and engage with your fellow peers.
Meet new friends and make a lasting impact on the people you meet and the café program.
Work at the café cart and facilitating activities as needed including event planning, marketing, design flyers, technology information, etc
Opportunities to Volunteer Include:
- Cafe cart responsibilities:
- Setting up and closing the cafe
- Serving customers' orders
- Create smoothies, serve tea, coffee and cookies
- Offer board games, tablets, and technology instruction (cell phones, tablets, etc.)
- Interact and play games with Sirovich members and other volunteers
- Lead Classes of interest including Performing Arts, Crafts, etc. (optional; ie. Origami class, Acting workshop, Chinese class, Health workshop, etc.)
- Assist with developing and marketing new classes, programs and event planning (optional)
Opportunity to enhance your skills and interests and share your knowledge to other volunteers and members!
- Assist with scheduled café activities including:
Participate in ongoing Meetings, Trainings, and Workshops:
o Monthly Inter-generational Volunteer events
o Monthly Cafe Advisory Committee Meetings
- Volunteers serve flexible hours between Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-6:00pm
- On average, volunteers serve a minimum 2-7 of hours per week
- Minimum 1 day a week commitment required
- Customer Service
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment required