Join with others in the spirit of sharing and caring by volunteering for the White Pony Express Free General Store (FGS). The FGS collects new and gently used toys clothing and books and gives them to those in need throughout Contra Costa County. We aim to help end poverty in our county by providing these items to those unable to afford them. We are currently recruiting volunteers to help in several ways.
-Workshop volunteers can help intake and process clothing and toy donations.
- FGS Boutique volunteers staff our free give-away events and help guests select lightly used clothing for men, women and children, as well as books and toys.
- Runners helps pick up donations and deliver them to our facility.
You can join our workshops at times that are convenient for you.
We hold Boutiques once a month or more, depending on our recipients' schedules. Contact Katie Ulmer (925-708-5039, email@example.com) for event dates and details.
We have clothing and toy workshops seven days a week. Volunteers are welcome to sign up for a weekly workshop shift, or come as they can. Workshop times are:
Mondays: 3pm to 5pm, 7pm to 9pm
Tuesday - Friday: 3pm to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to noon, 3pm to 5pm
Sunday: 10am-noon, 3pm to 5pm
We also need the help of Runners (drivers) seven days a week to help pick up donations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers who join the Free General Store intake and prepare clothing and toys. This includes:
- inspecting donations to ensure they meet our standards
- sorting and folding clothing
- cleaning shoes, laundering clothes and cleaning toys
- mending clothing and toys
- helping clean the workshop area.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per workshop
- Ability to lift at least 10 lbs. is helpful, but not required (please share any lifting li