Not everyone is fortunate enough to know where their next meal will come from. Fortunately, there are amazing places like the Food Bank of the Rockies to tackle the issue of hunger. And of course, there are amazing people like you who are willing to volunteer to help make that possible.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
Join Project Helping at the Food Bank of the Rockies to prepare food to go to families in need all over Colorado. We will prepare enough food in just 3 hours to provide over 6000 meals!
For this volunteer opportunity, we will be doing a variety of tasks. We will be filling orders for agencies that get the food directly where it is needed in the community. We will also be sorting food and boxing it up to prepare to ship. Each of these tasks are vital to providing food to those in need in our community. Each of these tasks will require lifting boxes that may weigh as much as 25 pounds.
Project Helping volunteers with Food Bank of the Rockies on the third Saturday of the month. See all available dates and register here: https://projecthelping.org/volunteer
- Be part of something great! Help us make an impact by providing food to the hungry families all over Colorado.
- As a volunteer you'll be supporting the Project Helping, Food Bank of the Rockies and improving your own health.
- Do something impactful for your community! Trust us, your friends will be jealous.
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable!
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn't want that??
What if I have a large group that wants to volunteer? Let us know! We would love to help accomodate large groups whenever possible and Food Bank's warehouse setting is a great place for it!
How do I sign up to volunteer with just a few friends?
Please have you friends complete the registration form above. We wold love to have them join us! Let us know when you check in at the event and we will make sure you are all working together.
What are my parking options?
More details to come. Once you've signed up, you'll be all set to receive info emails before the event! Expect this 3 days before the event filled with all of the nitty gritty. To make sure you get the emails, you may want to add Project Helping (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts.
What should I wear?
All volunteers receive our exclusive Project Helping t-shirt. Besides this, wear something you don't mind getting dirty! Other than that, wear a big smile! Come dressed appropriately for warehouse work. This includes wearing closed-toed shoes and shirts with sleeves (no halters or tank tops please.)
What else should I know?
- Volunteers are required to wear closed-toe shoes in the warehouse.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing as it is colder in winters and warmer in summers.
- We are preparing boxes of food, which will require lifting of boxes around 25 pounds.
Watch for the big Food Bank of the Rockies sign and turn in our parking lot at 10700 E. 45th Ave., just north of I-70 and east of Havana, between Embassy Suites and Denver Mattress on the south side of 45th Avenue. Here’s a map of our location.
Park on the east side of our building between the Volunteer Parking signs. Doors open at 8:30 am. Plan to arrive 10 - 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift start time. Near the ramp by dock door #1 on the northern end of the east side of the building, you’ll see a Volunteer/Agency entrance. Come inside and follow the yellow and black striped line on the floor to the Volunteer Area with the big purple wall. There you’ll see a table where you can sign-in and create a name tag. Have a seat and we will put you to work shortly! More Questions? Email Project Helping at email@example.com
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Help Disadvantaged Children and...
- Volunteer at Food Bank of the...
- Volunteer at the Food Bank for...
- Help at Organic Farm with...
- Provide a Hot, Healthy Breakfast...
- Improve Baby Haven Child Care...
- Lead A Project Helping Group...
- Prepare and Serve a Meal to...
- Volunteer to make PB&J's for...
- Provide a Hot, Healthy Breakfast...
- Volunteer to Serve Dinner at...
- Volunteer to Help Children Learn...
- Help Distribute Food to Those in...