Do you have a loved one with a mental illness? Support others who do in a support group!
DONATE TO THIS
32 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Volunteers are needed to serve as Support Group Facilitators for NAMI's Family Support Group program. Support Group Facilitators provide support, education, and practical knowledge to other people living with mental illness and family members. Groups meet weekly under the guidance of 2 Volunteer Facilitators.
▪ Personal experience having an adult family member with a mental illness
▪ Complete a 2-day training program provided by NAMI. The next Family Support Group Facilitator training will be held on December 1-2, 2018 in Howard County.
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willingness to join
▪ Volunteers are kindly asked to make a 1-year commitment upon completion of training. Facilitators are scheduled on a rotating basis; minimum 2 hours per month.
▪ Facilitators are not counselors or teachers; rather, they are present primarily to give the group structure by opening and closing each support group session, guiding discussion, and shifting discussion when necessary.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of support group attendees
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-facilitator to conduct the group
▪ Report attendance to the Director of Signature Programs
We'll work with your schedule.
6600 York RoadSuite 204Baltimore, MD 21212
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per month
- ▪ Personal experience having an adult family member with a mental illness ▪ 2-day training