47 people are interested
Are you living well with a mental illness? Educate your fellow peers!
ORGANIZATION: National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
Please visit the new page to apply.
47 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with serious mental illness and their families.
Volunteers help to serve as Mentors for NAMI's Peer-to-Peer education course. This is a free, 8-week class for adults with a mental illness. Peer-to-Peer emphasizes recovery from mental illness as a feasible, supportable goal and challenges the stigma often wrongly associated with mental illness. Volunteer Mentors receive a $250 stipend for their service.
▪ Personal experience having a mental illness and living well in recovery
▪ Participated in a Peer-to-Peer course ▪ Complete an 8-hour online training and a 1.5 day in person training provided by NAMI
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willingness to join
▪ Volunteers are encouraged to teach the course at least twice in the 2 years following completion of training. The course meets for 2 hours for eight consecutive weeks.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of course participants
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-teacher to conduct the course
▪ Coordinate classes with Program Director, including completion of all required paperwork
▪ Complete online refresher course every 2 years
▪ Assist with planning and outreach for the course
▪ Encourage class participants to join NAMI and become advocates
11 More opportunities with National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
About National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
2601 North Howard Street, Suite 130, Baltimore, MD 21218, US
We are a grassroots, family oriented support, education, and advocacy organization dedicated to empowering families to improve the lives of people living with mental illnesses and to eradicating stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Educates, supports and advocates families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. NAMI has 1,500 local and state affiliates and 230,000 members in the United States.
2601 North Howard Street130Baltimore, MD 21218
May 17, 2023
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 8 weeks
- ▪ Diagnosed mental illness & Living well in recovery ▪ 3-day training