22 people are interested
Does your child/adolescent have a behavioral health condition? Help educate others!
ORGANIZATION: National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with serious mental illness and their families.
Volunteers help to serve as teachers for NAMI's Basics education course. This is a free, 6-week class for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents affected by mental illness. Two volunteer teachers, who provide information about the impact of mental illness on the family as well as treatment, support, coping, and navigating child-serving systems, teach the course.
▪ Personal experience as a parent or caregiver of a child with a behavioral health condition under 17 years of age
▪ Complete a 2-day training program provided by NAMI
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willing to join
▪ Volunteers are encouraged to teach the course at least twice in the 2 years following completion of training. The course meets for 2.0 hours for six consecutive weeks.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of course participants
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-teacher to conduct the courses
▪ Coordinate classes with the Director of Signature Programs, including completion of all required paperwork
▪ Complete online refresher course every 2 years
▪ Assist with planning and outreach for the course
11 More opportunities with National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
About National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
2601 North Howard Street, Suite 130, Baltimore, MD 21218, US
We are a grassroots, family oriented support, education, and advocacy organization dedicated to empowering families to improve the lives of people living with mental illnesses and to eradicating stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Educates, supports and advocates families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. NAMI has 1,500 local and state affiliates and 230,000 members in the United States.
2601 North Howard Street130Baltimore, MD 21218
May 17, 2023
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 6 weeks
- ▪ Personal experience as a parent or caregiver of a child/adolescent with a mental illness