29 people are interested
Have you cared for a loved one with mental illness? Educate other families about mental health
ORGANIZATION: National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
Please visit the new page to apply.
29 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with serious mental illness and their families.
Volunteers help to serve as teachers for NAMI's Family-To-Family education course. This is a free, 8-week class for families and friends of adults with mental illness. The course is taught by two volunteer teachers who provide information about mental illness, as well as communication, problem solving skills, and strategies to support a loved one with a mental illness.
▪ Personal experience having an adult family member with a mental illness
▪ Complete a 3-day training program provided by NAMI. Available Friday through Sunday only.
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willingness to join
▪ Volunteers are encouraged to teach the course at least twice in the 2 years following completion of training. The course meets for 2 hours for eight consecutive weeks.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of course participants
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-teacher to conduct the courses
▪ Coordinate classes with the Director of Signature Programs, including completion of all required paperwork
▪ Complete online refresher course every 2 years
▪ Assist with planning and outreach for the course
11 More opportunities with National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
About National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
2601 North Howard Street, Suite 130, Baltimore, MD 21218, US
We are a grassroots, family oriented support, education, and advocacy organization dedicated to empowering families to improve the lives of people living with mental illnesses and to eradicating stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Educates, supports and advocates families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. NAMI has 1,500 local and state affiliates and 230,000 members in the United States.
2601 North Howard Street130Baltimore, MD 21218
May 17, 2023
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week for 12 weeks
- ▪ Personal experience having an adult family member with a mental illness▪ 3-day training