DONATE TO THIS
22 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Grant Writer, you'll assist the Executive Leadership of Dallas Pets Alive! with researching and writing applications for grants in order to achieve our fundraising goals and provide opportunities for organizational growth.
Reports to: This position will report to the Executive Director.
Works with: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with Dallas Pet’s Alive! Leadership as well as outside individuals with whom our organization may be working. Contacts with others will require tactful exchanges and a positive, professional demeanor.
- Research and identify prospects for corporation and foundation grants (may include updated information on grants for which we have applied in the past and been granted or denied, as well as new grant opportunities)
- Discuss and prioritize grant opportunities with Executive Leadership
- Make initial contacts with grantors
- Gather necessary information to submit professionally written grant applications including budget, statistics, and strategic plans
- Coordinate as needed with others on Dallas Pets Alive’s Leadership team including treasurer/accounting leadership, adoptions and rescue leads, and fundraising team
- Assist with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Must have grant writing experience, this individual will need to be able to jump right in and write
- Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group experience
- Ability to work virtually with access to telephone, email and internet
- Must have awareness of deadlines and the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- 10-15 hours per month