DONATE TO THIS
22 people are interested
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Assist executive leadership of Dallas Pets Alive! with researching and writing applications for grants in order to achieve DPA! fundraising goals and provide opportunities for organization growth. This will further the DPA! mission of helping Dallas become a no-kill city by creating alternative pet surrender programs, providing resources for additional foster homes/boarding facilities in order to rescue pets from the shelter program, and providing needed behavioral training for our pets.
SALARY / PAY RATE: Volunteer
- Research and identify prospects for corporation and foundation grants. This may include updated information on grants for which DPA! has applied in the past and been granted or denied, as well as new grant opportunities.
- Discuss and prioritize grant opportunities with DPA! executive leadership.
- Make initial contacts with grantors.
- Gather necessary information to submit professionally written grant applications including budget, statistics, and strategic plans. Coordinate as needed with others on DPA! leadership team including treasurer/accounting leadership, adoptions and rescue leads, and fundraising team.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with DPA! leadership as well as outside individuals with whom DPA! may be working. Contacts with others will require tactful exchanges and a positive, professional demeanor.
CONTROLS OVER WORK: This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Education and Experience: Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group and grant writing experience.
- Individual must have grant writing experience, needs to be able to jump right in and write.
- Ability to work virtually with access to telephone, email and internet.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Must have awareness of deadlines and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Willingness to follow through with grant completion.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- 10-15 hours per month