126 people are interested
Grant research and writing
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
Please visit the new page to apply.
126 people are interested
MHAGC Grant Writer
At MHAGC, grant writing includes research and preparation of grant proposals. To develop proposals, volunteer will work with Organizational Advancement Director to familiarize themselves with MHAGC’s programs, goals and financial needs before looking into potential funding sources.
- Conduct a range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Contact foundations to see if MHAGC is a good fit for their grant support
- Help to find foundations and corporations and to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Help finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs
- Help organization comply with grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Help to keep detailed documentation regarding grant schedules, solicitations, and awards
- 4+ hours per week, can be remote or in-person, or a combination of both
- Outstanding grammar and research skills
College Credit Opportunity
- This position can be designed for undergraduate or graduate program internship/practicum credits. The exact number of hours and responsibilities can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual programs.
2 More opportunities with Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)10 Reviews
About Mental Health Association GC (MHAGC)
6323 N. Avondale Avenue, Suite 252, Chicago, IL 60631, US
MISSION The mission of MHAGC is to maximize the mental and emotional wellness of our communities by promoting prevention and increasing empowerment through our education and support programs. VISION The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago is working to ensure that all members of our community have the opportunity to live full lives, free from the stigma and prejudice associated with mental health issues. We strive to empower individuals to maintain and improve their mental health; while giving people with the tools necessary to identify situations in which they should seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
Welcome to the MHAGC volunteer page!
Thank you for considering MHAGC; we are delighted that are you interested in learning more about us and what we do. Volunteers form the core of our organization. We believe that volunteers are front and central to our success as we work to expand our reach and realize our vision. Please see www.mhagcusa.org or call us for more information about us, our programs and/or services.
There are a number of steps involved in becoming volunteer:
1) Select a volunteer position!
2) After reviewing your request, we will reach out to you by email to begin the process. Please attach your resume.
3) If you are a good match for a position, you will be invited to come into the MHAGC office for an introductory meeting or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
4) The volunteer packet will be presented, reviewed and signed. As some of our programs contain information and content that is proprietary, you may be asked to complete a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement.
5) Volunteering can begin!
Please note: MHAGC volunteer positions focus on leadership, outreach, fundraising, and administration. Other than the support group roles (still in development) we cannot offer volunteer positions that have direct contact with individuals with mental illness or mental health related issues.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 27, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
- Technical Writing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible on the time and will work with you of course! The only limitation is when foundations have a deadline that we must meet. Many of the documents required are developed but will need customization.
- Once taking on a foundation must complete the application. I had one volunteer who stopped in the middle with a deadline looming. We need someone committed to finish at least the one they are working on & bringing us up to date before moving on.