WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
MHAGC Grant Writer
At MHAGC, grant writers will research and prepare grant proposals. To develop proposals, grant writers will familiarize themselves with MHAGC’s programs, goals and financial needs before looking into potential funding sources.
**This volunteer opportunity may lead to a paid position based on success level **
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Keep detailed documentation regarding grant schedules, solicitations, and awards
- 1-3+ hours per week, can be remote or in-person, or a combination of both
- Grant writers should have, or be studying for, a bachelor's degree in communications, English, professional writing or a similar major
- Experience writing grants for a non-profit organization or similar
- Outstanding grammar and research skills are essential for grant writers
College Credit Opportunity
- This position can be designed for undergraduate or graduate program internship/practicum credits. The exact number of hours and responsibilities can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual programs.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Per project