Marketing & Media Manager
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where310 S. Peoria Suite 404Chicago, IL 60603
MHAGC Marketing & Media Manager
The Marketing & Media Manager is responsible for promoting the MHAGC brand via the planning, development and implementation of MHAGC’s marketing plan and programs, including marketing & fundraising communications, public relations, and media activities. The M&M Manager will direct the efforts of the marketing and media volunteers and will coordinate their activities in keeping with the MHAGC marketing plan.
This position collaborates with the CEO and Board of Directors in charting the direction of the MHAGC message, and in ensuring the effective execution of the marketing plan.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the community
- Organization of marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations
- Develop and execute brand management plans and identify brand-building areas
- Leverage customer/donor/sponsor insight data to refine brand management.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning
- Coordinate media interest and ensure regular contact with partner organizations
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the organization
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to organizational issues
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the Content & Copy Writer, Social Media Volunteer and Web Coordinator
- Work with Development Coordinator to ensure fundraising materials and communications are integrated into the marketing plan
- 1-3+ hours per week - Flexible hours. Ideally, this position is a combination of in-person and remote volunteering. Can be exclusively remote for the right candidate. Preference will be given to Chicago area residents.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- M&M Managers should have supervisory experience from their professional life, or from other volunteer experiences
College Credit Opportunity
- This position can be designed for undergraduate or graduate program internship/practicum credits. The exact number of hours and responsibilities can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual programs.
- Market Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-5 hours per week
- Program Manager
- Grant Writer
- mental health expert to help...
- Social Media & Internet Marketing
- Web Coordinator
- Outreach to Superintendents and...
- General Development Volunteer
- Volunteer and receive 25% Stipend
- Curriculum & Programming Manager
- Content & Copywriter
- Board of Directors Volunteers
- Website development, updating...
- Development Coordinator
- Program Facilitator
- Administrative Volunteer Positions
- Marketing & Media Manager