Sandy Springs Mission is a non-profit organization that provides academic enrichment programs for at-risk students attending Lake Forest & High Point Elementary, Ridgeview Middle and Riverwood High schools. A 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, the Mission is dedicated to helping and inspiring educationally at-risk* students.
We consider students educationally at-risk if the student comes from a home where:
- English is not spoken as the primary language;
- The parents are not able to help their children with schoolwork because of their own low-level of education;
- The parents cannot pay for the extra help necessary for their child to succeed in school.
Our SpringUp program creates an empowering environment for our middle and high school students that encourages academic achievement and personal growth. This program emphasizes academics and the importance of staying in school, while also encouraging students to look beyond graduation.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED for the SpringUP program to assist students with homework, tutoring and some mentoring. We meet on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please contact us if you are interested!
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per day of volunteering
- A background check is required (to be paid for by the volunteer for approximately $30)