Kindah Foundation, Inc. has a vacancy on our Board.
The Secretary, together with the Executive Director, President, and Chair, is also responsible for organizing the annual general meeting (AGM) of the members, and any special members meetings that may need to be held during the year. The secretary must ensure (1) attendance and all decisions are accurately recorded in the minutes; (2) determine eligibility vote; (3) ensure all by-laws and policies are followed in meetings. All minutes should be recorded in a way to help absent directors and members understand the issues discussed and decisions made, which includes a summary of discussions, rationale for decisions, the name of who participated in discussions, meeting attendance, and note any declared conflicts of interest.
Reports To: President, Board of Directors, and Board Chair
Location: Broward & Virtual
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:* Maintain board of directors orientation packaging, including providing new board members with a copy of the by-laws and all policies. * Ensures the timely preparation and distribution of materials (e.g., requests, agendas, schedules, notices, resolutions, etc.) for Board and Board Committee meetings, consistent with Board approved bylaws and procedures (e.g., via web). * Oversees the Board and Board Committee calendars; helps determine and plan the frequency of meetings.
* Record/transcribe all board and committee meeting minutes, including proofreading minutes.
* Send outboard and committee minutes to all members of the board and committees * Uploading board and committee minutes to the Kindah Foundation website.
* Scheduling of board and committee meetings.
* Assist in the design and content of the annual report, particularly in the areas of corporate governance and compliance.
* Assume responsibilities of the chair in the absence of the board chair, chair-elect, and vice chair.
* Preparation of invitations to board meetings and the AGM, in consultation with the chairman of the board.
* Keeps all official records of Board activities (minutes of proceedings, resolutions, etc.), including those of Board Committees, as directed by the Board; ensures they are available externally as appropriate (e.g., via web).
* Call-out for agenda items and agenda preparation for board and committee meetings * Securing venue for board and committee meetings
* Support the chairman in all aspects of his/her job.
* Ensuring all board and committee are provided adequate notice of meetings, and if necessary, organizing a phone tree to ensure meetings are well attended.
* Be a point of contact for all members of the board and committees.
* Assist with planning and organizing the Annual General Meeting of the members, and any special members meetings that may be held.
* Discreet handling of confidential information.
* Maintain a list of board and committee member contact information.
* Ensure records are filed with the government, including the annual filing and additional bylaw and board member changes.
* Timely delivery of the necessary documents for board meetings and the AGM.
Reservation and organization of premises, technical facilities for board meetings, the AGM and other meetings in consultation with the chairman.
* Represent the organization in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence.
* Create and update the pending items/open issues list for the board of directors and the executive management.
* Donate or raise, outside of this position, $500 annually.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university. Integrity, loyalty, and discrete personality. Teamwork and service orientation.
* Attend Board meetings 4 times a year
* Ability to deal with the necessary technical equipment (laptops, projector, etc.).
* Available to attend board and committee meetings, except under extenuating circumstances NOTE: Board meetings can be scheduled to suit your availability
* Self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal direction.
* Experience as a secretary or related work/volunteer experience preferred, not required.
* Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested Terms: Duration: Two Year, Part-Time (6-15 hours per month).
Delegation or sharing of duties with others as necessary.
* Other duties as required or assigned Requirements.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to keep accurate records.
* Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
* Demonstrated abilities in editing and proofreading.
* Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Years