Courage Service Dogs is seeking dedicated volunteers to assist in fostering our puppies in training. We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization in need of your help to provide these highly trained dogs to local individuals suffering from PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) as a result of their service to our country and communities. This includes veterans, law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMTs and other first responders.
Courage Service Dogs rotates their foster dogs between homes every 2-3 months. This allows the dogs to experience a wide variety of situations and environments. It also helps prevent any unhealthy attachment issues for the dogs and allows the foster families to form a healthy relationship with the dogs they foster.
In addition to consistent foster homes, we are also looking for substitute foster homes which would provide care to cover vacations and emergencies.
Each Foster Receives
* A healthy, temperament tested puppy or young adult dog to foster within their home.
* Paid medical care for their foster dog, including spaying or neutering, heartworm medication, and flea/tick prevention.
* All required food and training treats for the foster dog.
* Dog crate, bowls, leash, collars and toys for the foster dog.
* Monthly instruction on dog training and behavioral management.
* Continuous support and guidance.
* The satisfaction of assisting a local hero suffering from PTSD as a result their efforts to serve.
Fosters must be willing to supply
* A loving, safe environment to house the dog. Apartments are okay.
* Participation in obedience training classes
* A twice-monthly commitment in attending a local training clinic with other fosters and trainers.
Interested applicants should respond to this ad to receive an application. Please provide a personal email address when inquiring so that the application can be sent directly to you.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year is desired