Duration: Saturday morning hours (6:00am-9:30am)
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Praying with people during community meals, food outreaches or at churches
* Handing out Bibles
* Welcoming community members and interacting with them
* Helping meet spiritual needs of people served
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* 13 years of age or older (or accompanied by adult if under 13 years of age). Note: Some prayer opportunities require volunteers to be 15 years or older.
* Patient and friendly
* Comfortable praying with people
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Faith-based Leadership
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Consider Being an Administrative...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Provide Worship Music at...
- Do You Love Acting? Consider...
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Help Provide Intake Assistance...
- Help Advertise for...
- Bilingual Spanish and English...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Medical Students &...
- Medical Professionals Needed!