Assistant Advocate to Youth in Crisis
56 people are interested
Pathfinder's Youth Shelter provides emergency housing and supportive services to homeless and runaway teens. Assistant Advocates assist with the physical and counseling needs of the youth and help staff maintain the high level of care it provides. They provide the day-to-day supervision of the residents and the guidance, support and encouragement needed to return to a safe place.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of resident youth.
- Answer phones and provide information information, referrals and crisis counseling.
- Complete intakes, facilitate groups and resident orientations.
- Assist staff with general house management.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be age 20 or older.
- Possess experience or an interest in working with teens and their families.
- Demonstrate a lifestyle and value system that is in accordance with the interests of the youth.
- Be able to make a 4 hour a week commitment for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be able to pass reference and background checks.
We'll work with your schedule.
1614 E. KaneMilwaukee, WI 53202
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours a week for 6 months.
- Assistant Advocates are required to commit 4 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months. They must possess