2 people are interested
Group Education Volunteer - West Liberty
ORGANIZATION: Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Group Education Volunteers are trained to conduct SMP presentations to groups on their own. Volunteers visit senior centers, community centers, and church groups, to conduct SMP presentations, Bingo games and other activities. Volunteers should report opportunities for trainings and presentations to the Volunteer Coordinator for follow up. Volunteers may also write and perform skits about Medicare fraud for seniors at SMP events or for training purposes for other volunteers.
About Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
400 E Gray St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
Senior Medicare Patrol ( SMP ) helps Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers who have questions about billing issues or believe they may be a victim of healthcare fraud or scams. SMP empowers and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
Did You Know?
- $60 - 80 billion tax dollars are lost annually to Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse each year.
- Billing errors are common and can easily be corrected.
- You can help! Medicare Beneficiaries are the first line of defense against healthcare fraud. Learning how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and reporting suspicious activities can help save tax dollars from criminals.
What is Healthcare Fraud?
Medicare fraud happens when Medicare is billed for services or supplies you never got or didn't need. Errors and abuse occur when questionable practices result in unnecessary costs to Medicare.
How Does the SMP Program Help Stop Healthcare Fraud?
SMP staff and volunteers provide presentations and staff events to education older adults about how to prevent, detect and report Medicare fraud. Volunteers can help us with outreach and education.
- Protect, Detect, Report: We teach beneficiaries how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and report suspicious activity.
- Our Presentation Menu lists topics that may be of interest to older adults in your area.
- Medicare Bingo: We have a variety of educational Bingo games that share important Medicare information in a fun way! Call us to learn more!
627 East Main Street Suite 201AMorehead, KY 40351
November 22, 2022
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per presentation
- All Volunteers must complete the SMP Foundations training and pass a nation