Help stop the cycle of abuse and neglect. Build a multigenerational community that has a ripple effect for years to come!
We are seeking board members from greater Tacoma (Pierce County/South King County) to provide guidance in specific areas such as Fundraising, Finance, Financial Analysis and Budgeting, Real Estate Development (affordable housing), Program Design and Development, Recruitment, and Business and Organization Development. We're also seeking new board members who have experience or expertise in foster care adoption, human development, education, aging, and/or mental health and trauma.
Key functions are:
- Plan strategically for the future of Many Lights
- Speak and advocate for Many Lights and our mission
- Help connect Many Lights to your community
- Participate in fund development activities throughout the year
- Serve a minimum 2-year term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend annual retreat or strategic planning meeting
- Actively work on one or more committees
- Participate in special projects as needed including fundraising
- Demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission
Time Commitment: Board members may expect to serve on average 4-10 hours per month. Meetings are the second Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Please read more about board membership and complete your application at: https://manylights.org/board-membership/
If interested, submit your application here:
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Child Welfare
- Financial Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 4-10 hours per month
- 2 year term