Build with Habitat for Humanity in Queens!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
290 people are interested
Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity in Queens!
Habitat for Humanity New York City transforms lives by building quality homes with families in need, and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.
We build year round to move waiting families into their new homes. Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we need YOU to help us continue making an impact throughout NYC!
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to:
- Make your own schedule - volunteer as little or as much as you would like
- Receive on-site training in construction - learn new skills or enhance the ones you already have
- Meet other volunteers committed to affordable housing
- Give back to your community in an amazing way
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others
No construction experience is necessary -- just enthusiasm!
Because we have an outpouring of support for weekend opportunities, we have the greatest need for volunteers on weekdays. For those interested in weekend opportunities, we encourage you to use the Waitlist Option on our registration system. New opportunities are posted every Monday.
Become an On-Call Volunteer: Join our list of on-call volunteers to receive notifications when we have last-minute weekday and weekend cancellations. Sign up here to join!
How to Sign Up:
Learn more before signing up by visiting our website (habitatnyc.org) OR create a profile on volunteerhub and sign up for a volunteer orientation (see instructions below). Please note: orientations are optional and are not required for Construction volunteers.
If you are ready to start making a difference, follow the steps below to create your volunteerhub account:
1. Log on to habitatnyc.volunteerhub.com
2. Click the "Create an Account" button to create a new profile
- Choose a username and password
- Leave the Join Code field blank and click "Next"
- Input your full name, contact information, date of birth, and emergency contact's information
3. Select "Construction" and click on the event that interests you
4. Click on the "Sign Up" button and follow the directions to register for the event
5. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know you successfully signed up for a volunteer day!
Please email email@example.com with any questionsWe hope to see you soon!
About Habitat for Humanity New York City
111 John Street, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, US
Habitat for Humanity New York City transforms lives and our city by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of decent, affordable housing for everyone. Values Habitat for Humanity NYC believes in: The importance of faith Diversity and inclusiveness, a respectful partnership between those who give and those who receive with mutual obligations, the volunteer spirit, home ownership, excellence in home construction, the volunteer experience, and the City of New York. We express our love for our city through building homes and stating loudly and clearly that all New Yorkers should have a decent, affordable home.
Habitat for Humanity New York City is the largest builder of Habitat homes in the Northeast. We have built more than 380 homes in New York City, and more than 5,000 volunteers build with us each year. Habitat for Humanity's first project in New York City began in 1984 with Jimmy Carter's visit to the Lower East Side. We now build in the Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens.
We'll work with your schedule.
VARIESLOCATION TBAQueens, NY 11413
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Full day commitment