Build with Habitat for Humanity in Queens!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
251 people are interested
Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity in Queens!
Habitat for Humanity New York City transforms lives by building quality homes with families in need, and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.
We build year round to move waiting families into their new homes. Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we need YOU to help us continue making an impact throughout NYC!
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to:
- Make your own schedule - volunteer as little or as much as you would like
- Receive on-site training in construction - learn new skills or enhance the ones you already have
- Meet other volunteers committed to affordable housing
- Give back to your community in an amazing way
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others
No construction experience is necessary -- just enthusiasm!
Because we have an outpouring of support for weekend opportunities, we have the greatest need for volunteers on weekdays. For those interested in weekend opportunities, we encourage you to use the Waitlist Option on our registration system. New opportunities are posted every Monday.
Become an On-Call Volunteer: Join our list of on-call volunteers to receive notifications when we have last-minute weekday and weekend cancellations. Sign up here to join!
How to Sign Up:
Learn more before signing up by visiting our website (habitatnyc.org) OR create a profile on volunteerhub and sign up for a volunteer orientation (see instructions below). Please note: orientations are optional and are not required for Construction volunteers.
If you are ready to start making a difference, follow the steps below to create your volunteerhub account:
1. Log on to habitatnyc.volunteerhub.com
2. Click the "Create an Account" button to create a new profile
- Choose a username and password
- Leave the Join Code field blank and click "Next"
- Input your full name, contact information, date of birth, and emergency contact's information
3. Select "Construction" and click on the event that interests you
4. Click on the "Sign Up" button and follow the directions to register for the event
5. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know you successfully signed up for a volunteer day!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questionsWe hope to see you soon!
We'll work with your schedule.
VARIESLOCATION TBAQueens, NY 11413
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Full day commitment