JPCC ALP is looking for tutos for the 2016-17 school year. Volunteer Tutors provide academic support and supplementary instruction to adult learners enrolled in High School Equivilancy classes (HiSET). Subject areas include math, writing, reading, and English.
- Provide goal-oriented tutorial and academic support services to small group of students or in a one-on-one session.
- Assist teacher in class to customize instruction to each student's needs.
- Assist in significantly increasing an adult student's learning, advancement and educational success.
- Sign in hours of attendance; keep records or student participation.
- Satisfactorily complete 12 hours of training.
- Accept the policies of confidentiality, safety and non-discrimination.
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week