86 people are interested
Make the Holidays Special During A Garden Holiday
86 people are interested
A Garden Holiday at the Cleveland Botanical Garden will delight the senses and transport visitors into a holiday wonderland filled with the colorful plants and towering trees that bring the most festive time of year to life beginning on Saturday, November 20 through Sunday, January 2, 2022. Volunteers are needed to share the holiday joy with our youngest visitors:
- Marshmallow Roasting Assistant - Greet guests, invite them to roast a marshmallow, clean roasting forks between uses and help guests take turns roasting marshmallows. Shifts are 2:45-4:45pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Outdoor Storytime Leader - Read children's stories to visitors for an hour. Storytime leaders should read the stories with enthusiasm and excitement. You can help select the stories from our library or staff will choose stories for you. Shifts are Saturdays, 10:45am-12:15pm and on Sundays, 12:45-2:15pm.
- Hot Cocoa Maker - During the outdoor storytime program, visitors can enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. Volunteers will help greet the guests to the program and offer to them a cup of cocoa. All the cocoa supplies will be provided. Shifts are Saturdays, 10:45am-12:15pm and on Sundays, 12:45-2:15pm.
- Kids' Activity Assistant - This inside opportunity is engaging with kids in our indoor children's play area (includes a slide, play houses, games, crafts and an indoor curling rink). Volunteers will assist guests in making crafts and help to tidy up the area between visitors. Shifts are Saturdays, 11am-1pm and 1-4pm and Sundays, 1-4pm.
Individuals ages 16 and up are welcome to volunteer at A Garden Holiday. Our current COVID-19 safety guidelines requires all volunteers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination. New volunteers to Holden Forests & Gardens will be sent a link to complete our online orientation, quiz and volunteer application upon expressing interest in this opportunity. The online orientation takes about 30-45 minutes to complete and must be completed before you can sign up for one or more volunteer shifts.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106, US
Holden Forests & Gardens connects people with the wonder, beauty, and value of trees and plants, to inspire action for healthy communities.
Holden Forests & Gardens Cleveland Botanical Garden campus is a not-for-profit organization established to promote the knowledge and appreciation of horticulture and gardening. The Cleveland Botanical Garden is committed to: - Providing information, education and training in horticulture, gardening, botany, floral arts, landscape design and horticultural therapy. - Offering to the public, for its use and enjoyment, collections of plants, display gardens, a horticultural library and facilities for meetings, programs and special events. - Promoting community interest and involvement in the beautification of the landscape and conservation of the environment.
11030 East BoulevardCleveland, OH 44106
November 11, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 2-3 hours and volunteers can take one or more shifts.
- Friendly, enjoys working with children and families, likes events. We have an online orientation that new volunteers need to complete before signing up for a shift. Volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.