One of the most fun and rewarding volunteer positions is as a Teen STAR Book Reviewer. Sujin Park is our teen chair person and she wants to invite volunteers age 10 and above who like to read to join her Teen STAR Book Review team. Adults are also welcome to become a reviewer. It is no longer mandatory to live in the Lamorinda area of Northern California as we can send you a list of books to be reviewed and you can get them at the library. Hereis how it works: Be the Star You Are! charity office receives requests for reviews of books from authors and publishers that are geared for babies through teenagers. Our Teen STAR Book Reviewers read these books, then write an honest one page book review on how they liked the book. These reviews offer parents and other people an idea of what books would be good for what age level, thoughts are book content, and an opinion on whether the book is fun, entertaining, educational, or boring. The reviews are then sent to The Reading Tub (http://www.thereadingtub.com/be_the_star_you_are.html) , a non profit organization dedicated to;turning a page and opening the world; to children through literacy where they publish our Teen STAR Book Reviewers reactions and recommendations. We publish them on our web site as well at http://www.btsya.com. For more information or to join the team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or cal our offices 925-376-7126.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- One Day Event at Moraga Faire...
- Teen and Young Adult Hosts and...
- VIDEOGRAPHER-EDITOR FOR YOU TUBE...
- Volunteer Grant Writer
- Google AdWords Advertising...
- TEEN STAR BOOK REVIEWER
- PUBLICIST FOR CHARITY
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
- INTERNET ASSISTANT FOR RADIO SHOWS
- 20th Anniversary Gala Organizer...
- Research INTERN
- Social Networking Volunteer
- Volunteer Event Coordinator
- Volunteer Radio Program...
- Earn Community Service Credits...
- Social Media Poster
- Publicity Assistant
- RADIO ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
- LETTERS FOR LITERACY PROGRAM