4 people are interested
Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity needs a volunteer videographer to bring our stories to life. If a picture is worth a 1000 words, what is a video worth? This is extremely satisfying to meet so many great people and to get these stories told.
Habitat for Humanity is unique in what we do to provide affordable housing to transform lives to help families become self-sufficient. Here are some thought-provoking facts about us:
- Our Habitat families must be working because they get a mortgage.
- Our families earn 30%-60% of the average median income. ($22,000-$45,000)
- We are the builder and the mortgage company. Our interest rate is always 0%.
- We have only had one foreclosure in our history despite the fact that our Habitat families cannot qualify for a bank loan because their income is too low.
- Every family must participate in our 28 hour financial literacy training course.
- Every family must work 350-500 of sweat equity with FVHH before moving into their home. Also, 200 of those hours must be on other FVHH homes.
- The total house payment including taxes and insurance is lower than comparable rent.
- By working with a Federal HUD program FVHH is able to acquire $8,000 in down payment for each family.
- FVHH uses a model that has been used successfully 600,000 times around the world.
- FVHH has a positive impact on our community by paying $3 million dollars in property taxes and $5 million dollars in building costs.
- We create a culture for people to benefit each other. Volunteerism is good for everyone.
- We transform lives. A University of Southern Indiana study shows measurable proof that Habitat for Humanity has an enormous positive impact in many areas for each family.
We'll work with your schedule.
1300 South BroadwayMontgomery, IL 60538