Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To transform working lower-income families by moving them from substandard apartments into affordable home ownership.
Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity (FVHH) is growing significantly for the past 10 years. Habitat for Humanity is unique in what we do to provide affordable housing to transform lives to help families become self-sufficient. Here are some thought-provoking facts about us:
- Our Habitat families must be working because they get a mortgage.
- Our families earn 30%-60% of the average median income. ($22,000-$45,000)
- We are the builder and the mortgage company, currently at 0%
- We have only had one foreclosure in our history despite the fact that our Habitat families cannot qualify for a bank loan because their income is too low.
- Every family must participate in our 26 hour financial literacy training course.
- Every family must work 350-500 of sweat equity with FVHH before moving into their home. Also, 200 of those hours must be on other FVHH homes.
- The total house payment including taxes and insurance is usually lower than comparable rent.
- By working with a Federal HUD program FVHH is able to acquire $8,000 in down payment for each family.
- FVHH uses a hand-up model that has been used successfully 1,000,000 times around the world.
- FVHH has a positive impact on our community by paying over $3.5 million dollars in property taxes and over $6 million dollars in building costs.
- We transform lives. A University of Southern Indiana study shows measurable proof that Habitat for Humanity has an enormous positive impact in many areas for each family.