Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To impact working families and neighborhoods through affordable home ownership.
Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity (FVHH) is growing significantly for the past 3 years. Habitat for Humanity is unique in what we do to provide affordable housing to transform lives to help families become self-sufficient. Here are some thought-provoking facts about us:
- Our Habitat families must be working because they get a mortgage.
- Our families earn 30%-60% of the average median income. ($22,000-$45,000)
- We are the builder and the mortgage company. Our interest rate is always 0%.
- We have only had one foreclosure in our history despite the fact that our Habitat families cannot qualify for a bank loan because their income is too low.
- Every family must participate in our 28 hour financial literacy training course.
- Every family must work 350-500 of sweat equity with FVHH before moving into their home. Also, 200 of those hours must be on other FVHH homes.
- The total house payment including taxes and insurance is lower than comparable rent.
- By working with a Federal HUD program FVHH is able to acquire $8,000 in down payment for each family.
- FVHH uses a model that has been used successfully 750,000 times around the world.
- FVHH has a positive impact on our community by paying $3 million dollars in property taxes and $5 million dollars in building costs.
- We create a culture for people to benefit each other. Volunteerism is good for everyone.
- We transform lives. A University of Southern Indiana study shows measurable proof that Habitat for Humanity has an enormous positive impact in many areas for each family.