Handy Man or Woman for Home Construction
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
19 people are interested
Do you want to give back to help others? Do you have skills that you can use to help with any phase of home construction, either new or rehab? If so, look no further. We depend on volunteers to help us build affordable homes for working low-income families that want to own their own home instead of struggling with all the problems of renting. Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity transforms lives by working with families to become self-sufficient. Come join our team working with our Habitat for Humanity families and other volunteers. Warning: You may enjoy this so much you catch Habititus. (Becoming infected with a strong desire to Habitat build affordable homes for working families.) We are flexible and would love to have you join our team. Contact Julie Clark at 630-206-5034 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity
250 South Highland, Suite 2, Aurora, IL 60506, US
To transform working lower-income families by moving them from substandard apartments into affordable home ownership.
Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity (FVHH) is growing significantly for the past 10 years. Habitat for Humanity is unique in what we do to provide affordable housing to transform lives to help families become self-sufficient. Here are some thought-provoking facts about us:
- Our Habitat families must be working because they get a mortgage.
- Our families earn 30%-60% of the average median income. ($22,000-$45,000)
- We are the builder and the mortgage company, currently at 0%
- We have only had one foreclosure in our history despite the fact that our Habitat families cannot qualify for a bank loan because their income is too low.
- Every family must participate in our 26 hour financial literacy training course.
- Every family must work 350-500 of sweat equity with FVHH before moving into their home. Also, 200 of those hours must be on other FVHH homes.
- The total house payment including taxes and insurance is usually lower than comparable rent.
- By working with a Federal HUD program FVHH is able to acquire $8,000 in down payment for each family.
- FVHH uses a hand-up model that has been used successfully 1,000,000 times around the world.
- FVHH has a positive impact on our community by paying over $3.5 million dollars in property taxes and over $6 million dollars in building costs.
- We transform lives. A University of Southern Indiana study shows measurable proof that Habitat for Humanity has an enormous positive impact in many areas for each family.
We'll work with your schedule.
Locations in AuroraAurora, IL 60505
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- We're flexible to your schedule. Waiver Required.
- Go on our website at www.foxvalleyhabitat.org