Make an impact working with local homeless youth while using your own creativity! The HALO Learning Center’s Youth Development Intern will primarily focus on developing, coordinating, and facilitating actionable next steps for HALO youth enrolled in the Professional Development Workshop and a program teaching empathy called iEmpathize. This position will be for 10-15 hours a week (including some evenings and the occasional weekend) comprising of, 1-2 workshops per week, and office hours in The HALO Learning Center. This intern will report to HALO KC Program Director. The time frame for this Internship is 6 months-one year.
A majority of this position will comprise of:
- Collaborating with volunteers and HALO Center staff to plan & prepare volunteer instructors, speakers, lessons, and materials for the Professional Development and iEmpathize workshop.
- Spending 2-3 days in the HALO Center office, planning and implementing actionable next steps for youth in the workshop, such as resume building, education enrollment, etc.
Other focuses during internship will include:
- Track weekly statistics and outcomes by compiling information reported through Workshop Facilitation Reports & DonorPerfect
- Work with Program Director to analyze pre- and post-surveys to measure success and outcomes. Communicate survey results to appropriate team members.
- Assisting with set up of workshop and greeting of volunteer instructor
- Assisting with other special events or projects as they relate to the Professional Development and iEmpathize workshop.
Candidates for this Internship must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills. Also be able to work well in a team atmosphere, highly motivated, enjoy brainstorming, and take the initiative on all projects. Excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Carly Manijak at email@example.com
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment