DONATE TO THIS
30 people are interested
Be Part of the Solution: Volunteer as a Doctor at LVIM!
ORGANIZATION: LAKELAND VOLUNTEERS IN MEDICINE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
30 people are interested
Join LVIM’s team of amazing volunteers and make a positive impact on the health and well-being of the over 40,000 uninsured residents of Polk County. For the past 20 years, LVIM has been providing free primary medical, dental, and mental healthcare to the working uninsured of Polk County.
LVIM offers a medical home to patients, granting them access to free doctors’ visits, diagnostics testing, lab tests, ultrasound scans, and x-rays. For more extensive diagnostics, LVIM has a network of participating ancillary providers who volunteer their facilities and professional time at no charge to LVIM or our patients. This is leading to a reduction in hospital visits for non-emergency events and unnecessary admissions due to untreated chronic conditions. Additionally, LVIM offers a full-service pharmacy that fills around 30,000 prescriptions a year and their Prescription Assistance Program secures almost $3 million worth of brand-name prescriptions for patients at no cost!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Utilize your medical expertise to diagnose and treat patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Work alongside a dynamic team of compassionate healthcare professionals.
- Create a flexible schedule to fit your availability (monthly, bi-weekly, weekly).
- Coverage provided by the State of Florida’s Volunteer Health Care Sovereign Immunity Program for licensed providers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up, to patients following established protocols and best practices.
- Conduct thorough medical assessments and develop personalized treatment plans for patients.
- Prescribe medications and monitor patients' progress, adjusting treatments as necessary.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure comprehensive and coordinated care for patients.
- Medical degree from an accredited institution and valid licensure as a medical doctor in the United States.
- Board certification in the relevant specialty is preferred.
- Prior experience working as a medical doctor, preferably in a clinical or hospital setting.
- Proficiency in medical record documentation and electronic health records (EHRs) systems.
If you have the appropriate qualifications and a genuine passion for making a difference, we urge you to apply today! Don’t miss out on this rewarding experience.
- morning / 08:30 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 12:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About LAKELAND VOLUNTEERS IN MEDICINE INC
600 W PEACHTREE ST, LAKELAND, FL 33815, US
The mission of LVIM is to provide free, high quality outpatient medical and dental health care to the working uninsured of Polk County in a compassionate manner.
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO!
At LVIM, patients gain a medical home and have access to doctors’ visits, diagnostic testing, lab tests, ultrasound scans and x-rays at no charge because of our volunteer staff. More extensive diagnostics, such as CT’s and MRI’s, are also available through a network of participating ancillary providers who volunteer their facilities, staff and professional time also at no charge to LVIM or the patients. Additionally, LVIM operates a full-service pharmacy, funded by United Way of Central Florida, filling approximately 30,000 prescriptions a year. The Prescription Assistance Program within LVIM secures almost $3 million of brand-name prescriptions for patients at no charge.
At LVIM, the treatment is free; the care is priceless.
600 West Peachtree St.Lakeland, FL 33815
July 12, 2023
- People 55+
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training